Priest discussion

Priest discussion

Post 24 Feb 2010 10:11

Welcome to the Priest thread!

Feel free to ask questions related to Priests in this thread. Please do use the search function and see if the question has already been asked first, though. For best results posting WoL/WMO/WWS link will also help.

Disc priest

Post 24 Feb 2010 10:11

Hi, first of all - im really impressed of what uve succed since world first togc 25m, awesome job.

Now to my question. Ive been playing both holy and disc for a while now and i got to say that i rly prefer the disc specc due the mana efficiency, but i dont find the disc/holypaladin combination in 10m instances that good since it might lack some aoe healing. And being holy in icc doesnt work that good either since it so much spreading out. So now im going back to disc again but im a bit confused about gemming. In ulduar i thought haste was the best stat for discs but now in icc idk. Please give me a hint of how ur thinking about ur gems and talents.

Thanks and good luck !

Re: Disc priest

Post 24 Feb 2010 18:46

Heya!

A short answer: SP

Gemming for haste as disc isn't really necessary. You'll gain enough haste from those shiny epics so you need not gem haste. Personally I'm trying to get as much SP as possible. If there is a 5 or more SP socket bonus you should get it. Use SP/mp5 gems and SP/int (or crit) for blue and yellow sockets. If you have jewelcrafting make sure you get 39 SP gems for red sockets.

A simple 57/14/0 should be your choice when it comes to talents, picking up everything you find the most suited for your playstyle.

Hope this helped. Feel free to drop questions here, on IRC or ingame.

-Nalena

Post 24 Feb 2010 19:58

aye i can see why haste aint that important nowadays due borrowed time plus the extra haste we gain from gear. Thanks for the tips and good luck in future contents, im sure lk-hc wont be farming u much longer :)

Take care

Post 25 Feb 2010 11:03

Being a disc priest myself I am very interested in how you raid. I was wondering if you could explain in short your main healing rotation and why. I'm currently gemming for all int so mana regen and crit are incredibly high but I do lack that high SP you have. Mostly I shield, greater heal and penance for tank healing. Am I still stuck in the old ways? Your gear, gems and spec lead me to believe flash heal is the way to go.

-Thadeous

P.S. Good to see the best guild uses disc priests to. Can't believe how many nay sayers there still are.

Post 25 Feb 2010 15:22

In a nutshell:

I don't have a specific rotation like DKs do but when I'm tank healing (which is rather rare) I tend to use flash heal, penance, prom and shields. Probably an occasional renew as well. When I'm allowed to raid (meaning when my Internet is working and a disc priest is actually needed) my job is to shield people and throw a penance and a prom on a tank.

-Nalena

Post 25 Feb 2010 23:58

Thank you that was very helpfull. I'll have to change some things around and see the difference for myself then.

Post 03 Mar 2010 09:45

Hello there!

I've playing with my Priest for a while, first I was Shadow but I changed it to Healer now.

I choosed Discipline since I like to do more single target healing rather than spamming Circle of healing or Prayer of Healing..

Well okay, questions are:

1. What is main role as Discipline. Is it just keeping tanks alive or giving PW:Shield to everyone against Weakened Soul debuff.
Atm I might throw a shield to raid member if he/she goes low hp, but I rarely heal raid. I just keep tanks full as I can.

2. What is most important stat what Disc priest should Socket.
Some people tells that use Int gems to get big manapool and more Crit chance. And some say go for Spellpower to get big heals and Shields.

3. Spirit vs Mp5?
Since Disc priest don't benefit from spirit by talents (As Holy priest get Spellpower from Spirit). And I usually socket gems that I get Socket bonus.
So example, piece gear got blue socket, and socket bonus is +7 spellpower. Ofc I want it and I'll use Purple gem, so should it be (+Spellpower and +Spirit) or
(+Spellpower and + Mp5)?

Post 03 Mar 2010 10:47

1. What is main role as Discipline. Is it just keeping tanks alive or giving PW:Shield to everyone against Weakened Soul debuff.
Atm I might throw a shield to raid member if he/she goes low hp, but I rarely heal raid. I just keep tanks full as I can.

-Shielding and healing the raid and the tank when needed.

2. What is most important stat what Disc priest should Socket.
Some people tells that use Int gems to get big manapool and more Crit chance. And some say go for Spellpower to get big heals and Shields.

-Personally I go for spellpower. I see no reason to go for insane amounts of mana as disc since you will get enough mana back from rapture/reple even with "standard" mana pool.

3. Spirit vs Mp5? so should it be (+Spellpower and +Spirit) or
(+Spellpower and + Mp5)?

-SP mp5

Need Help for my Holy priest

Post 04 Mar 2010 14:13

Hey nice people,

I saw your guild priests holy specc builds and noted that not everyone using the same one. Some of priest take Empowered Healing, Divine Fury and some goes to Spell Warding with Body and Soul and Mental Agility without taking EHealing. I mean is it a game style of player to heal, or there is some other tricks in game or Icc. I read in few forums that renew for holy priest back and more efficient. Is it true? And it seems that Blizz changing T10 4 set bonus to make renew more powerfull.

PLease could you give me some hints about Renew and rotation with this spell as holy. I play with holy and like it more than Disc.

And could you explain Body and Soul, is it worth to spend point to it or it depends on fight and wich one?

And last one but not less important is Glyths. I mean Guardian Spirit.. Then you are using them? How many times in a fight?

Thank you very much for your time and help.
Good luck.