Archangel in Holy

Archangel in Holy

Post 02 Dec 2011 16:39

For Jhaz or anyone else with knowledge about it...

How is the holy play style different with taking AA in the disc tree? Are you just using AA on CD or waiting for specific times to use it?

Sorry if I'm behind the times here, but I took a break from priest for a while and this particular spec is new to me. Thanks!

Re: Archangel in Holy

Post 02 Dec 2011 17:14

I'd guess that AA is awesome for, say Zon'ozz (or hows that spelled anyway?) where you need a huge output after the ball hits the boss. It possibly also very handy on some color-combos on that boss who's name I have yet to remember. Lightning phase on Hagara as well and so on.

It's most likely because of gear simply not being able to keep up with the needed output at this point of a new patch.

But I guess we will have to wait and see what Jhaz says :)

Post 02 Dec 2011 17:53

User avatarJhazrun

I'm having fun with 1M HP Hymns.

Post 02 Dec 2011 17:57

Oh dang...I didn't even think about that possibility. Plus with the new talent as well...can't wait to try it out later!

Post 05 Dec 2011 14:36

Just out of curiosity, what do you bind your archangel, smite and holy fire to? I don't have a WoW mouse and I don't use Clique, I only use mouseover for my heals, so most buttons are already taken up. My current keybindings on Smite and HF are Shift-1 and Shift-2. I've never tried AA spec before and wondering if you use it often enough to become uncomfortable with the constant shift button pressed down.

Post 05 Dec 2011 15:13

U can at least make it 1 button by either only doing HF (on cd-ish), or macroing the following:

/castsequence reset=10 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

And if u are worried about "shifting" too much, u might wanna put a spell used less often on that bind.

Thats my PoV ofc :)

Post 05 Dec 2011 15:15

Btw Jhazrun, are u potting those Hymns? :)

Post 05 Dec 2011 18:54

User avatarJhazrun

Alkajak wrote:Just out of curiosity, what do you bind your archangel, smite and holy fire to? I don't have a WoW mouse and I don't use Clique, I only use mouseover for my heals, so most buttons are already taken up. My current keybindings on Smite and HF are Shift-1 and Shift-2.

R: Smite
Shift-R: Holy Fire
Ctrl-X: Archangel

Alkajak wrote:I've never tried AA spec before and wondering if you use it often enough to become uncomfortable with the constant shift button pressed down.

It's a Discipline staple, yes. Have you considered… not using Shift for Smite?

Éowym wrote:Btw Jhazrun, are u potting those Hymns? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Post 05 Dec 2011 19:17

Jhazrun wrote:Have you considered… not using Shift for Smite?

You're just speaking Chinese now.

Post 06 Dec 2011 14:55

Haha, at least I didn't get the ultimate pony nuke :P

Anyway, now that I have u here (eh..?), set bonuses. How much do u value the T12 one over the T13 normal set? I have 2x378 and 2x391 and can't really decide when I'm gonna go 2xT12 and 2xT13.
Also, eh, will u grab the Shadow Tier gloves in the end as well (since they are mastery/spirit)? Or is there a pair of Spine/Madness offset gloves I forget/think is a belt which u will be using? :P

Nuke inc? :S

Thx :-)