Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks

Post 24 Feb 2012 21:19

So, while I was on reddit, someone posted saying that they learned that some retailers won't sell energy drinks to kids younger than 15 in Finland. What's the reasoning and history behind this? The article he linked was in Finnish, so I was kinda out of luck reading it...

Re: Energy Drinks

Post 24 Feb 2012 21:32

User avatarKyy

There is no law behind that, stores can chose them self if they want restrict energy drinks from customers under age of 16 or so. It´s mostly caused by pressure coming from parents that don´t approve these hyperactive kids, also there has been some discussing on government and health organizations if these energy drinks should be limited by law like alcohol since caffeine has some side effects when used in large amounts or by a young person.

Hating with passion

Post 24 Feb 2012 21:35

Interesting.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Post 25 Feb 2012 00:52

User avatardeva

In another words case of battery.

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Post 28 Feb 2012 15:28

User avatarDiamondTear

Of course if you drink energy drinks every day, they won't make you hyperactive.

Post 27 Sep 2012 17:40

User avatarSaintlyn

They would actually make you sleepy :) Tried that in university. Lots of energy drinks to keep working on assignments, a few weeks later drinking them had no effect, a month later - they actually put me to sleep :)

Not good for health for sure!