T15 Set Bonuses And Disc

T15 Set Bonuses And Disc

Post 04 Apr 2013 20:53

That pretty much sums up my question. Right now I am running the 4pc set bonus, and it is really nice. However, I've noticed it running a higher % of overheal (around 40-50%). So I'm wondering what your opinions are on the issue. What I've read so far indicates the set bonuses are more holy oriented (which I 100% see), however there is some use for disc. I'm leaning more towards more throughput stats vs the set bonuses.

And one last question, I've tried to balance regen/crit/mastery. I know what all the major sites say, and was wondering what your exp was with it. I want to go back full crit/spirit, but I'm hesitant as mastery is a bit more useful now and I'm up to 25-26% with 20% crit and 12.8 while casting

Appreciate your help again. Sorry to be a pest with all the questions! :)

Re: T15 Set Bonuses And Disc

Post 05 Apr 2013 06:10

User avatarJhazrun

1) Are you choosing between 502 tier and 522 non-tier? If not, skipping the bonuses just 'cause seems silly.

2) I don't know what all the major sites say. What do they say? I imagine you can't go much wrong as long as you stay away from haste.

Post 05 Apr 2013 07:15

1) Nah, I'm just choosing between 522 non-tier peices and 522 tier (have 4pc 522). We are only 1/13 heroic, dealing with some setbacks atm. :( But I just didn't know if the throughput stats/regen would be worth more than the golden apparition.

2) Basically the consensus is Int > Spirit > Mastery=Crit > Haste. I do reforge out of haste any chance I get, and beyond the neck off Lei Shin, try to avoid non tier pieces with haste. I could go back full spirit and get probably close to what you have (within 1K), but at the cost of quite a bit of mastery and a tad bit of crit. I just didn't know if you felt there was a 'breakpoint' for crit where it felt ok to go into other stats. I've noticed there MIGHT be one about 20% but I was unable to hit 20% until after this week and upgrades. Just don't want to run into having "too much" of one stat and not enough of another. Like I said, I kind of want to go back full spirit + crit and drop all my mastery and some crit, but I'm just hesitant because I may not be able to keep up due to lower absorbs/heals. Just was wondering what your thoughts were on the breakpoints and stat weights. :)

Post 05 Apr 2013 10:50

User avatarJhazrun

Why do you think moving points from one output stat to another output stat would suddenly leave you unable to keep up?

Post 05 Apr 2013 17:08

Edit:

Hmmm well I won't necessarily be moving it from one throughput stat into another, it was moving it back into regen. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it (have a sneaking suspicion I'll need quite a bit more regen in heroics)!! :) That's the beauty of gems, enchants, and reforging. It's not permanent. :D