The world`s best countries ranked!

Re: The world`s best countries ranked!

Post 16 Aug 2010 22:41

You must be happy. I was once in Lappeenranta, as it is close to Russia and I saw the terrible contrast between Finland and Russia. At customs in our side, I spent 2 hours and at your customs I spent about 15 minutes, that was my first impression. I think your roads are aslo worth mentiong, after three-hour trip with a sense of the jackhammer in my ass before crossing customs your roads were like silk, a great memory for sure. But I also often see the Finnish men, who come to us for cheap alcohol, lol.

P.S. And your Fairy is much better than ours. I bought 1L about half a year ago and it still hasn't finished. And a cheap rad caivar along with fish, butter, viennoiseries and bear are great too.

Post 17 Aug 2010 00:23

User avatarzYN

Yeah. The "boozing up with cheap vodka" isn't just stereotypical, it's pretty much typical. 8]

Btw, what's up with you guys always buying cheese from here? I've worked for some russians, but I never remembered to ask about it. Plus they live here anyway - it's usually the visitors who take away like several kilograms of cheese in huge bags. I've been wondering about it for years!

[edit:] I also think the rankings are based roughly 50% on wowprogress, there's no way .fi would otherwise rank that high.

Post 17 Aug 2010 00:44

I totally forgot about cheese, Firstly, it's awesome. Secondly, for the last three years prices on cheese had grown dramatically, i don't know why. Or those russians were speculators, we've got a lot of small shops, trading good from Finland, lol. And you know, they are quite popular. For example, Fairy, mentioned above, is being sold with terrifying speed, so you have to know when a following delivery is gonna be.
I advice you to watch our comedy, called "Peculiarities of the National Hunt" (Metsästyksen kansallisia erikoisuuksia[lol]). It is about a Finn who is going in Russia to understand what is a real Russian hunt. I suppose you, Finns, should understand it :)

Edit: and watch it with subtitles, voices are importatnt.

Post 17 Aug 2010 12:08

User avatarxenophics

zYN wrote:Btw, what's up with you guys always buying cheese

Cheese........ brains....

Post 17 Aug 2010 12:59

I remember one funny moment: I was in a shop near customs and there i saw something called "Mintu" and it was 50%, but when I was in Lappeenranta I saw the same thing, but it was 40%. It seems like it was made especially for Russians.

Typical Russian supermarket: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4551 ... hanvod.jpg
Cheapest vodka 0.5L is about 1,5 euro.

Post 04 Nov 2010 16:58

yeah emmm today were new results and ehmmm well i don't wanna spoil all the fun but:

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
1# Norway
2# Australia
3# New Zealand
4# United States
5# Ireland
6# Liechtenstein
7# Netherlands
8# Canada
9# Sweden
10# Germany
11# Japan