Melee dps UI discussion

Re: Melee dps UI discussion

Post 29 Sep 2010 13:46

Hello there :D
Is there any chance Devah could upload his UI?

Post 07 Oct 2010 20:30

I have a question.

I ''equipped'' my SBF with buttonfacade's darion plugin and one day it just randomly set to default.

So now i cant even modify SBF with buttonfacade within the interface menu nor cant i find the option to change the looks of it in the SBF menu.

Does someone know how to fix this?

Sorry about asking it here if its not allowed, but since it is on Maeil's UI and its stated in the rules that we post questions here, so i did :)

and btw im new here

Post 24 Oct 2010 18:39

To rogues in general:
I have noticed that a lot of rogues tend to have their combo point builder bound to the key "2", which doesn't make sense to me since it's rather hard to move foreward while spamming this button since it's right above "w". (and yes im aware that you can use the auto-run key, but that's not as precise).

To maeil:
In the RS25hc movie, do you still use grid for raid frames, and if you do how do you move the raid groups so you get 1x25 instead of the standard 5x5 set-up?

Thanks

Post 24 Oct 2010 19:26

Akotirous wrote:I have noticed that a lot of rogues tend to have their combo point builder bound to the key "2", which doesn't make sense to me since it's rather hard to move foreward while spamming this button since it's right above "w". (and yes im aware that you can use the auto-run key, but that's not as precise).

It actually makes sense since it's easier to strafe left or right and continue spamming 2 at the same time. If you need to move forward, use your mouse by pressing both right and left click. You should use right click everytime to turn around with your character and press the left click also if you need to move forward. Did you try to strafe left AND spam the "1" button? It is... well, not as simple as it seems imo :s.

Post 24 Oct 2010 20:58

Akotirous wrote:To maeil:
In the RS25hc movie, do you still use grid for raid frames, and if you do how do you move the raid groups so you get 1x25 instead of the standard 5x5 set-up?

Thanks

Hes using Elb's TuK UI. Or at least some variant of the TuK UI. Its pretty nifty infact the Elb version automatically skins your Addons such as Omen and skada, and automatically gives the raid frames as a set of 25. This can however be changed by typing /heal and engaging the healer UI. Same as you can type /dps to engage the tank/dps UI.

Post 25 Oct 2010 08:58

User avatarmeth

He used OdineUI if I remember correctly. Since this one will no longer be supported, it is the Toresh edit of TukUI that comes closest to Odine. It can be found here - http://www.tukui.org/v2/forums/topic.php?id=3624

As the poster above me already said: DPS / Tank layout gives 1 x 25 and heal layout gives 5 x 5.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 30 Nov 2010 04:36

Well, I got a question about Melee dps UIs, what you guys have to say of a well modified UI, with a lot of addons, bartenders, grid, quartz, etc and a simple UI with blizzard default frames and some useful addons like, omen, quartz, recount, timers etc... In a few words, see the Maeil's UI and Iiris's UI, the Iiris can have a good performance as a raider than Maeil's have? And the very modifieds UIs are necessary for a high end hardcore raider or a simple UI with only the necessary addons is fine? Or it all is only a preference choice of players, they all do fine on your guilds?

Post 30 Nov 2010 10:23

User avatarmeth

UI is 100% personal choice. A guild can not really force you to have a certan type of interface and even less possibilities to check if you actually use it. There are of course addons which should be seen as mandatory, like a thread meter, a boss mod etc.. because those still offer more information and options than what Blizzard has implemented by default.

But in the end it is a 100% up to you as long as you play good with it and do not fuck up.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 30 Nov 2010 14:57

User avataropex

start
if player's UI makes him fail in raid;
then the player is a dead weight and the guild/class leader has the right to force him to change it in a way in which ;he'll stop failing;
else it's 100% player's choice;[/b]
end

Post 01 Dec 2010 09:29

Ui is 100% personal matter. Im personally using pretty much only Default UI+grid+recount+bigwigs, nothing to really enhance my gameplay, nothing to keep track of my buffs or debuffs etc and im doing perfectly fine.

Most addons do help you tho and if u feel that there is any need for em, u should use em. You can get quite a few addons to enhance ur gameplay and better ur oversight.

I think im only1 in Paragon playing pretty much with default only UI.

If a player fails due to his UI then he just fails as a player, failing cant be justified and no1 should need to tell you to change ur UI. If you cant see a voidzone or a debuff on urself then it should be obvious that smth needs changing.