Two screens

Two screens

Post 17 Nov 2010 13:04

Even if i'm totally convinced about buying an additional monitor for my PC, I'd like to very much hearing your opinions about it.

What does it have, for almost everyone in this forum has two of them?
What can you do, you didn't did before?

Re: Two screens

Post 17 Nov 2010 13:08

User avatarmeth

One for gaming and one for having IRC / Music player / Video player. Esp the latter is nice if you want visual distraction besides gaming or not miss anything on IRC. I had just one screen for a long time and went for a 2 screen setup 2-3 months ago. I never want to go back again.

24" for gaming and 22" for watching TV shows etc... besides. Just great.

Post 17 Nov 2010 14:02

Apparently Patch 4.0.1 supports multi-monitor, has anyone here tested this?
It might be cool to create a raiding UI on one monitor and a "casual play UI" on another.

Post 17 Nov 2010 14:03

User avatarxenophics

I couldn't live without 2 screens. Now that I got a new one I'm actually considering setting up a third...

Anyway, I use my "main programs" on the big screen - the ones that need the most of space while I'm focusing on them. Movies, wow and Photoshop come to my mind first.

On the second screen I have IRC, browser and music player. I really love it how it makes multitasking easier. For instance I can write my school essay on the bigger screen and at the same time search the internet for more information without having to alt+tab all the time.

Post 17 Nov 2010 14:16

User avatarmeth

Yes, that is why we have two or more monitors: School essays.... ;)

Post 17 Nov 2010 14:27

User avatarxenophics

Niroth wrote:Yes, that is why we have two or more monitors: School essays.... ;)

Hey, that was the first thing that came to my mind! Don't blame me for being err, too school-ish?

Post 17 Nov 2010 14:31

User avatarmeth

I don't blame. I just smile.

Post 17 Nov 2010 20:32

Best of excuses to buy another one ;)

Post 17 Nov 2010 21:00

User avatararx

It's nearly impossible to do farm raids without a second monitor.

On a more serious tone, I could not live without (at least) two monitors. The boost it has on general productivity is amazing. For a pure productivity setup, I actually wouldn't mind going for a main screen and a vertically-pivoted (?) secondary screen for browsing web / reading / IRC / whatnot. That would seriously suck for watching TV-shows while doing something else though.

arx / xaar

Post 18 Nov 2010 09:01

User avatarzYN

Anything less than this sucks and you cannot play, surf or work on your computer.