Two screens

Re: Two screens

Post 18 Nov 2010 14:12

How about playing on something like this?

Or maybe this...

Post 18 Nov 2010 14:56

User avatarxenophics

Colmeia wrote:Or maybe this...

Good luck trying to see your own hitpoints with that UI :)

Post 18 Nov 2010 15:28

xenophics wrote:Good luck trying to see your own hitpoints with that UI :)

Yeah, would definitively need to change UI for that kind of environment. =)
But hey, it seems like after some eye training (brain actually) you could gain some advantages like having a better view of where is safe to move to, where the other groups of the raid are, etc...

I imagine this could be excellent on an encounter like Atramedes or perhaps the Tron Council.

Anyway, I would love to try that set-up but I live in Brazil and hardware is really expensive here. :(
I was looking for an ATI 6750 GPU and the price difference between here and say Holland, can go up to 400 US dollars, which is simply a 100% inflation on the european value, that is outrageous.

Post 18 Nov 2010 15:31

User avatarmeth

Good that most Brazilians are earning a ton of money then in well paid jobs.... oh wait....

Post 18 Nov 2010 15:48

User avatarxenophics

Colmeia, if you ever end up trying that setup out, let me know. I'm curious to know how does it actually feel like playing with the possibility to see so far away to your sides.

Post 18 Nov 2010 16:08

Niroth wrote:Good that most Brazilians are earning a ton of money then in well paid jobs.... oh wait....

Yeah, it's sad. Luckily my step father is dutch and I work for a dutch company, which means that I might be able to buy those hardware from EU.

xenophics wrote:Colmeia, if you ever end up trying that setup out, let me know. I'm curious to know how does it actually feel like playing with the possibility to see so far away to your sides.

I don't think I will be able to do it soon. I have a machine with two monitors that I only use to work, but I will try to make a simpler approach of that kind of set-up (two screens shared for WoW). Just have to find out how to run WoW in Ubuntu. :/

Post 18 Nov 2010 17:42

User avatarUnshakable

Colmeia wrote:Just have to find out how to run WoW in Ubuntu. :/

I have used Ubuntu in the past. I was able to run WoW in Ubuntu by using a program called "Wine". It really messed with my video settings though. I had to lower everything to get the same FPS that I get in Windows 7 with maxed video settings.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread just wanted to put in my .02.

Post 18 Nov 2010 18:39

Unshakable wrote:
Colmeia wrote:Just have to find out how to run WoW in Ubuntu. :/

I have used Ubuntu in the past. I was able to run WoW in Ubuntu by using a program called "Wine". It really messed with my video settings though. I had to lower everything to get the same FPS that I get in Windows 7 with maxed video settings.

Cedega (the commercially supported, gaming oriented version of Wine, sorta) worked great with WoW back in vanilla and TBC, once you figured out the correct settings for both the game and the platform.

Post 18 Nov 2010 20:18

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll test both options, but I suppose the dual-monitor functionality of my graphics card will not work with wine or Cedega.

I'll try it sometime and tell you the results.

Post 18 Nov 2010 20:21

Colmeia wrote:Thanks for the tips guys. I'll test both options, but I suppose the dual-monitor functionality of my graphics card will not work with wine or Cedega.

Depends on what you want it to do; by default Wine/Cedega at least used to consider a dual screen setup as one big screen, which wasn't much fun with WoW, but it could also with some effort be configured so that WoW stays on one screen and leaves the other for other purposes.