Suggestions & Feedback

Re: Suggestions & Feedback

Post 28 Nov 2010 19:55

Last edited by Farnion on 15 Dec 2010 10:34, edited 2 times in total.

Post 28 Nov 2010 20:07

try "ctrl+f5" (force refresh) it should fix that

Post 29 Nov 2010 10:54

yes indeed. thanks.

picture removed.

Post 10 Dec 2010 02:33

Hey guys. Your new website looks great, but could definitely use a couple configuration tweaks and an extra module or two, just to clean up the Drupal interface.

I'm a veteran web programmer and a big fan. If you'd like any assistance putting the finishing touches on this beautifully themed website, don't hesitate to send me a message.

Keep pushing the progression, you are doing phenomenally!

Post 11 Dec 2010 04:50

User avatarxenophics

Thanks for all the kind words. We'll definitely keep you in mind when it comes to the website. We have big plans for it, but obviously we've been super busy with Cataclysm raiding.

Post 11 Dec 2010 07:33

One of the great features of your old web page was that members of Paragon or other "VIPs", had their own color in the their forum name and by that you could easily distinguish if the post was relevant.

Post 14 Dec 2010 12:53

User avatarmeth

Dear Paragon members, especially the web crew,

Before I write my feedback I'd like to say that I am very well aware of the facts that the page is 1. not finished and 2. the race for World First Hard-mode kills is more important at the moment. Which is absolutely understandable. So I might name points which are already on your to-do list. I'll seperate the post into two parts, one regarding general errors and one about my personal opinion.

Errors / Bugs

- People who post comments are currently "not veryfied". Hope the verification system comes fast because it looks kinda weird right now
- On the individual player pages it is currently not possible to go directly to the players armory profile. You can only click on one of this specs in order to get linked. (Given the situation that the Armory is actually working)

Personal Opinion

I enjoy the new design though I think that the current set of colors matches Cataclysm but not Paragon. The old page has a very nice set of colors. It was clean, clear and straight forward. If I were to relate the colors to Paragon as a guild it felt focused and to the point. I miss this a little with the current colors. The font size seems to be a little huge right now. Again in relation to the old page, where everything felt slightly more clean and elegant due to smaller font size. I know it makes sense to use the screensize better but having a larger font does not do the job. It rather feels like greater letters cover lesser content. This goes especially for the news or for the names in the roster overview.

The missing display of the latest forum activities on the front page is something that really bothers me. It has brought my own forum activity down a lot because I do not instantly see when a thread has had a new reply and I can check what it is. The forums and the personal work a lot of Paragon members put in there to answer questions was a key element to the charm of the old page and to Paragon as a whole, at least for me. If I had to choose I would take the Latest Forum Posts over Latest Comments on the front page anytime. Seeing that various people have started to write spec and other class related questions below some members profiles in the comments tells me, that I am not the only one for whom the forums have gone slightly out of sight with the new layout.

So in short: Give the page a more Paragon look through the respective colors. Adapt the fontsizes to smaller to make it look less bulky. Lacking content will come over time, that is natural. Bring back the forums to the front page.

I gladly offer my help if possible. I enjoy giving feedback and tidy up stuff, also in detail.

/Niroth

Post 15 Dec 2010 01:03

User avatarxenophics

Thanks for the input Niroth. We hear ya and will make a lot of changes when we just have time. Try to bear with this a few more weeks at least :)

Post 15 Dec 2010 07:57

User avatarmeth

xenophics wrote:Thanks for the input Niroth. We hear ya and will make a lot of changes when we just have time. Try to bear with this a few more weeks at least :)

As I stated, I am fully aware that the importance is on World First Hard-Modes right now and that is how it should be.

Post 15 Dec 2010 10:33

Niroth wrote:I enjoy the new design though I think that the current set of colors matches Cataclysm but not Paragon. The old page has a very nice set of colors. It was clean, clear and straight forward. If I were to relate the colors to Paragon as a guild it felt focused and to the point. I miss this a little with the current colors. The font size seems to be a little huge right now. Again in relation to the old page, where everything felt slightly more clean and elegant due to smaller font size. I know it makes sense to use the screensize better but having a larger font does not do the job. It rather feels like greater letters cover lesser content. This goes especially for the news or for the names in the roster overview.

In my opinion, it does look much better if you use your browser to zoom out a bit (eg 100% -> 83%)