Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 18 Nov 2010 17:13

User avataropex

If by dung you mean dungeon it'll be pretty hard to answer.
With Cataclysm knocking on the door tho whatever you do to gear up now won't worth the effort.
I would mainly focus to level to 85 as fast as possible. Depending on your realm state you can find out if it will be faster with quests or with dungeons. Personally i'd choose the dungeons because that way i'll end up with better overall gear. If you make/find a group with 4 more good players to farm dungeons i think it will be also faster than questing.
To choose the correct items i'd suggest you to head over to shadowpriest.com and read about the current stats scale factors and how to calculate the overall power points of an item to know if it'll be better than other. At least before the first tier comes with which the things will be just a little bit different.
I guess that at the moment you start to raid at 85 there will already be an updated BRGA list. Save your JP and honor points for Cata to get better quality items.

Post 21 Nov 2010 14:57

Jhazrun,

Have you had the chance to test Discipline out in a raid environment yet on beta? If so, what are your feelings and thoughts about the spec and play style.

Thanks,
Anaya

Post 30 Nov 2010 17:52

Has anyone done any theorycrafting as to which professions will be best for a healing priest come Cataclysm.

To me Leatherworking seems rather overpowered atm as you get a 130 intellect enchant. The regular bracer enchants sport either Spirit, Haste, Crit or Mastery.

Assuming INT will be our primary stat (atleast for disc, I'm unsure of Holy), to me it seems LW is the way to go if you want to min/max.

As for the other profession you can chose from the following:
Jewelcrafting: +81 INT bonus
Enchanting: +80 INT bonus
Alchemy: +80 INT bonus
Blacksmithing: +80 INT bonus

Both Engineering and Tailoring are proc based which I dont find optimal for a healer due to various reasons.

Have you guys given this any thought? What would you say would be the best professions for min/max in Cata give the information we currently have.

Post 01 Dec 2010 09:10

User avatarThasilian

Stowned wrote:Have you guys given this any thought? What would you say would be the best professions for min/max in Cata give the information we currently have.

I have made some calculations about priest professions in Cataclysm and I have noticed spirit to be in pretty high value there when playing holy (and even disc sometimes), tough int remains as primary stat of course.

I found out that it is best to have int bonus from other primary profession and manaregen from other. So I ended up using Jewelcrafting and Tailoring. Tough I must admit I did my calculations only 15 times per combination so they might not be accurate enough so would be good to hear if someone has found out same or different notifications about professions. Always good to compare own research to others. :)

Doing dps is a science, tanking is a job and healing is an art.

Post 04 Dec 2010 12:38

User avatarJhazrun

There're twenty-nine specs in the game more dependent on their primary stat than Holy.

If nothing else, I first-of-all find myself sad for all the others out there feeling even heavier pressure for their choices — with a single designer's reckless neglect of budgeting rules to thank for.

Post 10 Dec 2010 12:08

just a simple question i was wondering which food and elixar/flask buffs i should be using for raids atm im using spirit.

Also whats the role of holy priests in raids now

Post 15 Dec 2010 21:34

domtheskater wrote:Also whats the role of holy priests in raids now

I would like to know about this too. I've heard that holy is far behind most classes..

Post 18 Dec 2010 09:29

User avatarJhazrun

domtheskater wrote:just a simple question i was wondering which food and elixar/flask buffs i should be using for raids atm im using spirit.

Also whats the role of holy priests in raids now

Spirit has recently become very potent for Holy. Intellect, however, is intertwined in far too many factors to find itself truly challenged as an end-game optimization target. Budgeting into Spirit is primarily a ten-man concept, though an effective one at that, as the format leaves little room for manipulation of one's resources.

While no true roles tend to exist in ten-man encounters, fully-fledged raids most commonly see Holy as a tool for countering streaks of raid-wide damage through brute force.

Léblanc wrote:I've heard that holy is far behind most classes..

As of the other day's mana regeneration tuning, I feel compelled to vehemently disagree. Having said that, make no mistake in believing we lost the capacity to godlessly devour every last trickle headed our way.

Post 18 Dec 2010 14:32

i was wondering which is better between mastery and haste as holy as i can see that at 1st you were reforging for mastery but are now reforging for haste.

is it better to keep them balanced or aim for more haste then mastery

Post 18 Dec 2010 15:59

User avatarJhazrun

The reasoning is twofold:
I. Additional mana consumption increasingly affordable thanks to newfound regeneration
II. Hyper-twitchy Heroic encounters demanding increasingly timely responses