Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 04 Jan 2011 23:36

Hello, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, but my guild is 7/12 at this point, and we are working on chimaeron. We do 10mans, and im a holy priest, and we also have 2 holy pallys as our other two healers. We can't seem to get the healing done on this fight with out either A) we go oom from using flashes to save people or B) dps die because we can't seem to get the job done using our efficient heals such as, well heal. Any advice or tips would be highly appreciated.

Post 10 Jan 2011 05:01

xerohealz wrote:Hello, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, but my guild is 7/12 at this point, and we are working on chimaeron. We do 10mans, and im a holy priest, and we also have 2 holy pallys as our other two healers. We can't seem to get the healing done on this fight with out either A) we go oom from using flashes to save people or B) dps die because we can't seem to get the job done using our efficient heals such as, well heal. Any advice or tips would be highly appreciated.

hey :)

I waited for a bit to see if Jhaz would answer your question, but since your guild seems to be in somewhat the same level of mine, I thought it'd be helpful for you for me to share my experience.

We ended up 4 healing the fight, and we did fine.

Have you tried that? Good luck. Our setup was 2x holy priest, 1x resto druid and 1x resto shaman.

Post 03 Feb 2011 00:22

Hello, I am Xenophoric of the guild Amon Amarth on Dark Iron, I have been having problems keeping up with Nefarion healing as Discipline. Other fights I have had no problems keeping up or even beating our holy paladins. We currently run 2 Holy Paladins 1 Disc Priest. Should I be going holy for this fight? Also thoughts on my priest? We are currently 10/12 and not doing Al'Akir until Nefarion is down so any tip would be great. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ric/simple

Post 04 Feb 2011 10:04

User avatarJhazrun

Nothing appears out-of-order as far as I can tell. Phase II leaves you healing through Atonement while running PW:S and Penance on yourself, while phase III has you maintain Inspiration between charging Archangel for Electrocutes.

Regarding relative performance... take a moment to consider that you've found yourself in the very heart of a Paladin theme park.

Post 23 Feb 2011 00:56

Hi i got a question for Xenophics.

Hi Xenophics, i have just rerolled Disc-->Shadow and i have a few question about gear, what two tier pieces do you think is best to use and why. 2nd question is what is best of crit and mastery now after 4.0.6 ?

Post 28 Feb 2011 21:59

User avataropex

I'm gonna be a bad boy and steal the questions and answer:
1st Q - chest and shoulders
2nd Q - mastery->crit

Post 14 Apr 2011 11:15

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

My question is about power torrent vs heartsong. what is the reasoning behind using one or another as a priest? I see Zhinn with HS and Jhaz with PT - only difference is one is holy, Jhaz is disc. Is this the reason, or is it something else?

thanks =)

Post 15 Apr 2011 12:19

User avatarJhazrun

juandilol wrote:My question is about power torrent vs heartsong. what is the reasoning behind using one or another as a priest? I see Zhinn with HS and Jhaz with PT - only difference is one is holy, Jhaz is disc. Is this the reason, or is it something else?

Discipline indeed prefers Power Torrent, while Heartsong is more suited for Holy.

I do keep two weapons for the purpose, personally, but one without similar access would build around their primary role.

Post 16 Apr 2011 16:36

User avatarinvinciblebug

Power torrent vs Heartsong for holy is a close call and can swing in PTs favor with good shadow fiend timings (during PT proccs) although if this means holding of on using shadowfiend it might not be worth it.

For disc PT is ahead by quite a bit so if you're looking to perform in both speccs PT would be the better choice.

Post 19 Apr 2011 17:51

Jhazrun wrote:Nothing appears out-of-order as far as I can tell. Phase II leaves you healing through Atonement while running PW:S and Penance on yourself, while phase III has you maintain Inspiration between charging Archangel for Electrocutes.

Regarding relative performance... take a moment to consider that you've found yourself in the very heart of a Paladin theme park.

@ Jahazrun
Is this only for 25-man??
As we started our first attempts last night on 10-man Nef, I (disc) was healing together with 1 holy priest and 1 shaman. I healed Nef tank, holy on Ony tank and shaman on raid duty for p1.
Then in p2 when we ended up on the pillars I stood with 1 fury warrior and 1 frost mage, there was no way in hell that I could have managed to heal them and myself in the rotation as you say should be done.
Or am I just that crappy ( i have played priest since vanilla, first SP and then holy since TBC and now Disc for the last 2 months or so)??
My PC isn't the best but still I manage all the other fights quite well...

Link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/eiram/simple
Link to WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y25jctkjpqpwwknl/sum/healingDone/

Hoping to get an answer and thanks :)