New to Cataclysm, just looking for a few answers.

New to Cataclysm, just looking for a few answers.

Post 07 Feb 2011 02:53

Hey, i raided through the end of vanilla/all of bc/wotlk, but i just began playing in cataclysm. I just hit level 85 on my priest, and plan on raiding as disc. My real questions are what rotation/spells should i be casting the most, stat prioritization, and general tips/tricks that you have for someone just getting into cataclysm. I am using this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochMZ0b:qVc

I am aware that disc is no longer a spamfest, but i'd prefer to avoid playing the smite spec if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: New to Cataclysm, just looking for a few answers.

Post 07 Feb 2011 06:27

If you want to be a good healer, you will have to learn how to use smite and archangel. Smite heals more and is faster to cast than heal. Smiting reduces the cooldown on your penance.

Here is an example spec you could try:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcRMochM:qVc

Discipline is no longer just a shield spammer. Shields main purpose at current state is to give you mana, so keep rapture going. After you feel comfortable, you can start thinking about removing soul warding and taking 2% haste or 60secs from shadowfiend cooldown.

Int is best from main stats, haste is best from secondary stats. Use smite to get your evangelism up to 5 stacks. You dont always have to cast 5 smites in a row. One smite here and there to keep evangelism stack rising/up. Pop archangel when you know the raid is going to get big damage or just for mana. Use mainly smite, penance and poh to heal, but dont be restricted only to these in any way. Use what the situation calls for.

zin

Re: New to Cataclysm, just looking for a few answers.

Post 07 Feb 2011 17:08

So it's okay to drop the haste from shadow?

Anyway you can be a bit more descriptive on the whole smiting/when to do it thing? Is it the main mechanic of the spec?